Thursday, September 26, 2013

The Rains

"Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me."       -Matthew 25:40

There's a thunderstorm outside.

I'm sitting inside my house, but I might as well be outside- I'm getting just as wet.

The tin plates and thin slabs of wood that make up our roof are so poorly held on that the rain can easily come in the cracks.

The only thing good about this rain is that it gives me the first shower that I've had in 3 weeks.

I head outside to check on the cooking ware that's scattered all over our yard.

We use our cups, plates, pots, pans- anything that we can find to catch the rain water.

We'll use that water for drinking, because it's the cleanest water we've had all week.

I'm so thankful to God for sending the rains so that we can have water and our crops can grow.
 

When you take a shower or wash your hands, do you ever stop to be grateful for the clean, filtered water that you know will come out?

Did you know that 400 million precious children around the world have no access to safe water?

Do you ever take the time to realize how blessed you are? Do you wish to bless others as well?

You can do that through Compassion International.

You can bless a child with a proper home, clean water, adequate food, education, and the chance to hear about the hope they have in Jesus Christ.

Don't wait; You can bless a child today by clicking on the link below.

(If this has in any way encouraged you or prompted you to sponsor a child, please let me know. You can leave a comment down below or email me at jesusismyall2013@gmail.com. Thank you and please share as well.)




No comments:

Post a Comment